Foxes are animals that eat about 1kg (2.2lb) of food everyday! But what is a baby fox called? This post will answer that question and also tell you a few interesting things about foxes.
What is a Baby Fox Called?
Baby foxes are usually called pups. They are sometimes called cubs or kits.
Some Interesting Things About Foxes
- Male foxes are known as dogs or reynards. Female foxes are known as vixen.
- Most foxes only live for 2 to 3 years as they are usually hunted, killed in road accidents or die from diseases.
- Foxes bury any extra food they catch under leaves, snow or soil. They come back a few days or weeks later to eat it!
- Fox hunting (without dogs) is still legal in the United Kingdom, Australia and the United States (as well as a few other countries).
- Foxes have been trained to eat pests on fruit farms without eating the fruit that is being grown!
Other Animal Topics: