Wine is an alcoholic beverage that is usually made of fermented grape juice. This post will tell you who invented wine and then discuss some interesting facts about wine.
Who Invented Wine?
Unfortunately, no one knows which person first invented wine. However, we do know that the earliest production of wine was done in Georgia and Iran around 6000 BC. Wine was first produced in Europe (Greece) around 4500 BC.
Interesting Facts About Wine
- Wine can be made from fruits other than grapes such as apples and berries.
- Red Red Wine was the name of a song written by Neil Diamond. It was made famous by UB40 (a British reggae band) in the 1980′s.
- A vinter or winemaker is someone who makes wine- the wine producer.
- While excessive alcohol consumption has many adverse health consequences, studies have shown that consuming small amounts of wine leads to a lower risk of heat disease.
- In the Bible, Jesus told his disciples to share bread and wine in remembrance of Him (Luke 22:19).
- Italy, France, Spain and the United States are the world’s largest producers of wine.
- An oenologist is a wine scientist (or ‘wine chemist’). They have a degree in oenology- the study of wine and winemaking!
Other Great Inventions