Kangaroos are marsupials that are native to Australia and New Guinea (often called Papua New Guinea). Here are some interesting facts about kangaroos.
Facts About Kangaroos
- Some people hunt kangaroos for their meat. Farmers sometimes shoot them to stop them destroying grazing land. Harvesting kangaroos for their meat is much better for the environment than raising cows and sheep. Kangaroo meat is a staple part of the Aboriginal (Indigenous Australian) diet.
- The kangaroo
Koalas are mammals that have soft, thick grey or brown fur on their back and white fur on their stomachs. But where do koalas live? This post will answer that question!
Where Do Koalas Live?
Koalas are native to Australia. They are not found in any other country in the world. Koalas are found in all states of Australia except Tasmania and Western Australia. Most koalas in South Australia were exterminated, but
Panda bears are mammals that are native to China. Here are some interesting facts about pandas.
Facts About Pandas
- Giant pandas are listed as an endangered species. There are only 1,590 living in the wild. However, this number is increasing. They are endangered due to the loss of their natural habitat and their low birth rate.
- Pandas live for 25-30 years in captivity.
- They have the second longest tails of the bear family. They
There are over 400 poisonous species of snakes worldwide. 19 of these live in the United States. But how long do snakes live? This post will answer that question, and then tell you a few facts about snakes.
How Long Do Snakes Live?
Snakes usually live between 10-25 years, depending on the species of snakes. Large snakes usually live longer than small snakes. Some species of small snakes only live for 3
Koalas are marsupials which are native to Australia. Here are some interesting facts about koalas that you may not have heard before.
Facts About Koalas
- Koalas are not found in two states of Australia- Tasmania and Western Australia.
- Koalas are sometimes called ‘koala bears’. Koalas, however, are not bears. People started calling them koala bears as they look like teddy bears.
- They have large and very sharp claws to help them climb trees.
- Koalas are
Snakes are reptiles that are distinguished from lizards by their lack of eyelids and external ears. But where do snakes live? This post will answer that question and also look at some interesting facts about snakes.
Where Do Snakes Live?
Snakes live in every continent in the world except for Antarctica. So they live in Europe, Asia, Australia, North America, South America and Africa. Strangely, they are not found in New Zealand
Some time ago I wrote the post ‘where do butterflies live‘. Today I will answer the question ‘how long do butterflies live’ and also look at a some interesting facts about butterflies.
How Long Do Butterflies Live
An ‘old wives tale’ about butterflies is that they live for only a few hours to a day. However, butterflies live for between a week to a year, depending