If you are considering a dieting program then you may want some more information about how the Jenny Craig diet works. This post will take you through all the steps of a Jenny Craig diet until completion.
How Does the Jenny Craig Diet Work?
- After you sign up to the Jenny Craig program you will meet with a ‘program director’, either face to face or over the phone. They will review your ‘profile’ by asking questions about how much activity you do and your current eating style. This is also when you will be weighed and measured to help track how much weight you are losing.
- Jenny Craig will now organize meals and snacks based on your personal needs. You will receive three meals per day with one snack. You are also expected to go and buy some fruit, vegetables, whole grains and low fat dairy products to supplement the meals.
- At the same time as meals are being arranged you will be advised about physical activities you should start undertaking. Exercise is a very important part of weight loss. Don’t worry- you will not be expected to run a marathon! You will be ‘eased’ into a physical activity program.
- Every week you will meet your consultant (either in person or over the phone) for motivation, sharing of results, help with challenges you face, strategies and information on food and your body. You will also establish new goals over time.
- When you get to about the halfway point you begin to have ‘days on your own’. This involves planning and cooking your own meals using your own food. You will be given advice about how to plan healthy, but tasty, meals. Don’t panic- you get to practice menu planning first! You will also receive information about what to eat when you go out with friends.
- Your amount of physical activity will start to increase at the halfway point. You will also learn that your body will no longer need as many calories and will be taught how to modify your diet accordingly.
- Your weekly consultations will continue through the program for general motivation and support.
- When you reach your goal weight you will be taught how to maintain that weight by planning meals and doing regular exercise. Jenny Craig will provide you with some great recipes and cooking techniques to help you eat healthier.
- Even when you finish the program you still have access to a progress planner, menu planner and recipes online at the Jenny Craig Website.
Other Health Topics: