Electric guitars uses pickups to convert of vibration of the strings into electrical current, which amplifies the sound. This guide will show you all the places where you can buy an electric guitar.
How to Buy an Electric Guitar
- Look in the classified section of your local newspaper. You can also look at some online classifieds.
- Have a look at some guitar magazines. They usually have a section where people are selling their old electric guitars.
- Go to your local music stores. Make sure you haggle with the salesperson to get the best possible price!
- Look at the websites of some of the major manufacturers of electric guitars. Not all of them sell guitars online, but you will be able to get a list of distributors.
- Try online auction sites. eBay has the most electric guitars available to purchase.
- Ask some of your friends that play electric guitars if they are thinking of selling them.
Don’t forget to shop around and compare prices. If you are just starting to learn the guitar, a used electric guitar might be a good option. If you have been playing for a few years, you might be better off buying a new electric guitar at a local music store.