If you want to know how to hard boil an egg then you’ve come to the right place. Not only will you get step by step instructions on how to hard boil an egg but you will also get some extra tips and hints about boiling an egg.
1. Fill a pot with tap water and put an egg in. Make sure there is enough water to completely cover the egg
Tip 1: Some people suggest that you boil the water and then add the egg. It is completely up to you, but it is easier to check you have the right water level if you put the egg in first.
Tip 2: Adding vinegar or a lot of salt to the water can make the egg easier to peel. Be careful not to add too much vinegar as it makes the egg smell really bad!
2. Put the stove on high heat and bring the pot to a rolling boil
3. As soon as the water is boiling bring the heat back to medium or low
Tip 3: If the heat is not turned down the egg will crack (can be very messy!) Some people suggest pricking the egg with a pin before boiling it, although you can crack the egg when attempting to prick it!
4. After bringing the heat back start the clock! After 10 to12 minutes (15 if you added vinegar) you should have lovely hard boiled eggs.
Tip 4: If your egg is large you may want to leave it for 13-15 minutes. An easy way to tell if they are done is to lift it out with a spoon and if the eggshell dries within 5 seconds the egg is hard boiled.
5. Take the pot off the heat and remove the egg with a spoon and place it on a plate.
6. To maintain a yellow colored yoke you need to place the egg in a bowl of iced water
Tip 5: If you do not put the egg in iced water the yoke turns a greenish colour. It is still edible but may taste slightly differently (I do not like green eggs and ham!).
7. After allowing the egg to cool, crack the shell (I do it with a spoon) and peel it.
That’s it. You can now make some hard boiled eggs!
How to Poach an Egg- Impress your friends by making perfect poached eggs!
Basa Fish Fillet Recipes- Couldn’t get any tastier!