Bangladesh (officially called the People’s Republic of Bangladesh) is a country located in South Asia. Here is a list of interesting facts about Bangladesh that you probably don’t know!
Interesting Facts About Bangladesh
- Kabbadi is the national sport of Bangladesh. This unique sport originated in India.
- About 80 films are produced in Bangladesh each year.
- In Bangladesh you drive on the left-hand side of the road.
- Islam is the major religion in Bangladesh. Almost 90% of the population are Muslims. Islam is the state religion but other religions can be practiced in harmony.
- Bengali is the official and most widely spoken language in Bangladesh.
- Climate change is a major concern for Bangladesh. Sea level rise (associated with global warming) is expected to create m0re than 25 million climate refugees. Climate refugees are people who are forced move to a new country due to global warming.
- All people over 18 can vote in elections.
- Cricket is the most popular sport in Bangladesh, closely followed by football (soccer).
- Bangladesh has a tropical climate with hot and humid summers (March to June).
- Bangladesh is divided into 6 administrative divisions.
- Currently, there are over 200,000 members in the Bangladesh army.
- Bangladesh declared independence from Pakistan on March 26, 1971.
Other Interesting Facts:
Love my posts? Follow me on Twitter!