Here are my top 10 favorite movies of all time, with some honorable mentions for those films that just missed out!
Top 10 Movie List
10. Avatar. Sure, Avatar has a predictable plot and is not the most original story you’ll ever see. However, the amazing 3D special effects make the film absolutely incredible. Avatar is the first film I have rated highly only for its amazing visuals. I hope Avatar paves the way for more stunning 3D effects.
9. Toy Story 2. One of my favorite from Pixar. They really know how to make great films (except for Cars- that was terrible). Who doesn’t love Woody and Buzz Lightyear?
8. Casino Royale. A fantastic reboot of the James Bond franchise. Daniel Craig is simply fantastic as James Bond and the plot and action in this movie is first rate.
7. Batman Begins. What a great origins story! I’d never been a big fan of Batman until this movie. I’m glad my mum made me watch this movie because it quickly became one of my favorites.
6. Star Wars. A long time ago, Star Wars was released. I wonder if George Lucas thought that a worldwide phenomenon was about to begin! The original movie is my second favorite of the series- just a terrific story and special effects that still look good today! George Lucas has a wonderful imagination!
5. Spider-Man 2. I thought Spider-Man was just ‘ok’ and Spider-Man 3 was terrible. However, for some reason, Spider-Man 2 is one of my favorite movies of all time. It has a much better plot, good acting and some great action
4. Monsters Inc. My absolute favorite from Pixar! This movie is very funny and has a plot that children and adults can enjoy. What a great idea to make monsters scared of children- brilliant!
3. The Bourne Ultimatum. I loved the first two films in the series but the third is the best by far. Despite some people feeling sick with the ‘shaky camera’, I think this is the best action film ever made. Plus, we get to find out more of Jason Bourne’s past.
2. Star Trek (2009). Wow! I’ve been a Star Trek fan for years and was worried that the new film would ruin the whole franchise. Well, I shouldn’t have been concerned. The franchise was always going to be fine in the hands of J.J. Abrams who has created two of my favorite shows, Lost and Alias. This is the best reboot of all time and deserved a nomination for Best Picture at the Oscars (how did The Blind Side get nominated anyway?) Great action, great special effects and really good performances from Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto and Simon Pegg.
1. Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. My favorite movie of all time combines everything- great story, fantastic special effects and some good acting. While the first two prequels were disappointing, the third finally showed what we had been waiting to see for years- the rise of the Galactic Empire and how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader. For me, the film rises to the top of my list because it really gets you thinking about good and evil.
- The Dark Knight. I loved this movie but thought the original was better. There was just too much going on in this movie with too many plots and villains introduced.
- Quantum of Solace. While most people rate Casino Royale much higher than the sequel, I thought that Quantum of Solace was almost as good as the original. It very nearly made it into the top 10.
- Toy Story. Just a terrific film, but not quite as good as the sequel!
- Walk the Line. A great movie about the life of Johnny Cash. I would have listed it at #10 before Avatar.
- Star Trek: First Contact. My favorite Star Trek movie before 2009. The Borg make the best villains in Star Trek!
- Tootsie. Very funny, but not quite good enough for the top ten.
Other Movie Lists: