Some time ago, I wrote a post titled ‘what do Italians eat‘. Today, I am going to give you a list of things you can see and do in Italy. The ultimate ‘what to do in Italy’ guide, if you will.
What to Do in Italy
- If you are in Milan, go and visit the Cathedral. It is quite beautiful!
- The Santa Maria delle Grazie, located in Milan, is the home of Leonardo da Vinci’s ‘The Last Supper’. It is a must see for art lovers!
- Italians are known for great operas, so go to an opera house and see a show while you are there.
- There are heaps of old castles in Italy that are just spectacular. See some pictures of Sarzanello Castle in Sarzana here.
- There are heaps of great museums in Italy. Find a list of them here.
- Head to the coastal towns if you enjoy water sports.
- Go on a wine tour through Tuscany. Not into wine? Do a bike tour instead.
- Italians make the best food in the world. Make sure you visit some great restaurants.
- Love shopping? Then make sure you ‘shop till you drop’ in the Italian capital of shopping, Milan!
- Go skiing on the Italian alps.
- Go kayaking along the coast of Elba Island.
- Visit the Leaning Tower of Pis.
- Go climbing through the endless mountains and national parks.
- Sardinia is home to some of the best sites in Italy to go diving.
- Italy has heaps (and heaps) of thermal spas that are great for relaxation.
- Take a cooking or architecture course.
- The National Park of Abruzzo has all sorts of wildlife, such as brown bears (which are only found in Italy), wolves and eagles. Why not do some wildlife watching?
Been to Italy? Know any other great things to do in Italy? Leave a comment and let everyone know!