The Carolina Panthers are a professional American Football team that play in the NFL. This post will tell you where the Panthers play their home games, and then look at some interesting facts about the Panthers.
Where Do The Carolina Panthers Play?
The Panthers play at the Bank of America Stadium, formerly known as Carolinas Stadium (1994-1996) and Ericsson Stadium (1996-2004). It is located at 800 South Mint Street in Charlotte, North Carolina. It seats 73,504 people for football matches. So now you know where the Carolina Panthers play!
Facts About the Carolina Panthers
- The Bank of America Stadium is sometimes called ‘The Vault’, ‘The Bank’ or ‘The BOA’ by fans.
- The Panthers have never won a Super Bowl. They were defeated in Super Bowl 38 by the New England Patriots thanks to Adam Vinatieri’s last minute field goal.
- The Bank of America Stadium cost $248 million to build!
- The Panthers have made the playoff four times- in 1996, 2003, 2005 and 2008.
- The Carolina Panthers played their first two seasons at Memorial Stadium, Clemson.
- In their first season, the Panthers finished fourth in the NFC West, with 7 wins and 9 losses.
- Jerry Richardson is the current owner of the Panthers.
- Up to the end of the 2008 season, the Panthers have an overall record of 115-119, including playoff games.
Other Great Teams: