Spain is a country located in South Western Europe. It borders two different seas, the Mediterranean Sea and the Balearic Sea, and the Atlantic Ocean. It shares land-based borders with France and Andorra to the North, and Portugal to the west. It is a member of the European Union. The Canary Islands and that the Balearic Islands also belonged to Spain. It is the second-largest country in the European Union with a total area of 504,030 square kilometers. Spain is located in the latitude and longitude of 40°00N and 4°00W. Spain has 3 main climatic zones, the Mediterranean Climate, the semiarid climate and the oceanic climate. Many tourists from all over Europe and the world visit Spain each year.
Facts about Spain
- Spain became a unified country in the 15th century
- Due to their influence during the modern era there are over 500 million Spanish speaking people today
- Spain is a democracy under a constitutional monarchy
- Spain’s capital city is Madrid
- It has a population of approximately 46 million
- Spain became the strongest kingdom in Europe and the leading world power in the 16th century and first half of the 17th century.
- Spain is the leading country in producing Solar Power
- More than 50% of Spain’s power is produced by windmills
- The main religion in Spain is Roman Catholicism
- Spain held the Olympics in 1992 in Barcelona
- The highest point in Spain is Mulhacén at 3479m