The McDonald’s Corporation is the world’s largest fast food chain. There are over 31,000 McDonald’s restaurants worldwide. This post will tell you who founded McDonald’s and also look at a few interesting facts about McDonald’s.
Who Founded McDonald’s
Brother’s Dick and Mac McDonald opened the first ‘McDonald’s’ restaurant in 1940. In 1948 they introduced a ‘Speedee Service System’ which established McDonald’s as a ‘fast food restaurant’. The present McDonald’s corporation claim that Ray Kroc is the founder of McDonald’s. He opened a McDonald’s franchise on April 15, 1955 and eventually bought out Dick and Mac McDonald’s share in the company. The McDonald brothers and Kroc fought over who would control the company and Kroc won! Kroc was an aggressive businessman and eventually expanded McDonald’s throughout the world.
Facts About McDonald’s
- McDonald’s restaurants are found in 119 countries.
- McDonald’s has used 23 different slogans in their advertising in the United States.
- In the United States and Canada, McDonald’s has recently introduced a cooking oil that contains no trans fats. French fries are now healthier than ever!
- The McCafe was originally thought of by McDonald’s Australia. Most McDonald’s restaurants in Australia have a McCafe.
- McDonald’s sold its one billionth hamburger in 1963.
- McDonald’s employ about 1,500,000 (one and a half million) workers worldwide.
- McDonald’s is trying to improve their environmental record by using more recyclable materials. Don’t forget to recycle after eating your next McDonald’s meal!