These days, more and more people are telling us that healthy eating is very important for our health and well being. However, is healthy eating really all that important? This post will give you a big list of reasons that will show why eating right is the only way to go!
Why is Healthy Eating Important?
- You’ll feel better. Honestly, you will. Your body will no longer have to digest too much of the wrong food and you’ll have heaps more energy.
- It provides more balance, ensuring you get all the nutrients you need from your food.
- You have a lower risk of getting heart diseases and high cholesterol if you eat well!
- Food prices stay lower if people eat healthy and buy less food. It’ll save you money and help those in poorer countries be able to afford food.
- You’ll help the environment. Eating lots of meat is bad for the environment. Raising animals like cattle uses grain and contributes to global warming. In a healthy diet, you’ll almost certainly eat less meat and the environment will thank you.
- Are you overweight? Most people in the western world are. Healthy eating should help you lose those extra pounds.
- You’ll save money. That’s right- most good foods (fruit, vegetables and lean meats) cost a lot less than the junk and packaged food you probably buy at the moment.
- It’s great for children to learn about healthy eating and develop some cooking skills. They are then less likely to develop medical conditions (such as diabetes) when they get older.
- If you buy local fruit and vegetables, you are supporting local farmers and businesses.
- Eating a good diet will ensure your children reach their maximum height.
- It’s not hard. Just eat more fresh fruits, vegetables and lean meats. Eat less of fatty meats sugary foods (ice cream and chocolate for example) and high-fat dairy products.
Other Health Issues: